Sunday, April 15, 2012

Honestly YA: Six authors, One love.: Youuu Got What I Nee-eed, But You Say He's Just a Friend...

I read a great post this morning debating the issue of whether highschool guys and girls could be *just friends*. 

Honestly YA: Six authors, One love.: Youuu Got What I Nee-eed, But You Say He's Just a Friend...

Needless to say as a writer of YA lit, it led me back to my own highschool years, reminiscing about the boys I considered "friends" and those who considered me "friends" and those who I called "friend" when it was really something much more. I guess I'd have to land on yes, it is possible, even though most of those close friendships I had with guys eventually (sometimes even years later) developed into something... *more* than just friendship.
those years were such a tumultuous time and I loved ever rocky, dramatic, angst-ridden, heart-wrenching euphoric moment of it. Even if that wasn't the cause during, it's certainly how I feel when I reflect back. So how about you ever give those formative years some deep refection...your relationships with someone you were attracted to or someone you considered a friend but were secretly attracted to....or did you form true *just friend* friendships with the guys/girls in your life? I can certainly say my female friendships have stayed with me for a lifetime (maybe more) and I am still to this day eternally grateful to have met them.

So what are your thoughts on all of it? I know mine make me smile, sometimes roll my eyes and even slap my hands over my face in a fit of OMG embarrassment. But I wouldn't change a single moment of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment